Video is everywhere!
Our customer is the world’s first Open Source Online Video Platform, providing video solutions, software, and services for video creation, publishing, management, engagement, monetization, and analysis.
We are seeking a Solution Architect, initially to be a key part of the team leading solutions delivered to the different Media companies. This role is critical in maintaining the track record of the company’s success has had with its customers and lead new projects from the technical aspects towards successful delivery.
- 2-3 years of proven experience as a solution architect in a technology company.
- Excellent verbal and writing capabilities in English.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, team player, charismatic.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Responsibilities and terms of reference include:
Technology and Architecture
- Expected that the candidate will have a deep understanding of scalable and resilient software system engineering practices, both functional and non-functional (system scale, elasticity, monitoring, reporting, logging, etc.).
- Defining solutions to ensure that they are designed, developed, and fit for purpose, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards, delivering value within cost constraints.
- Capable of reviewing existing API specifications both from the company and 3rd parties to determine capabilities of the system and their match to business requirements.
- Define new APIs and (if necessary) entire new services to meet agreed designs for customer requirements (if not met already by the company’s platform).
- Be familiar with, and have experience with, open standards for APIs (including REST) and microservices-based system architecture.
- The role will require familiarity with UML.
Communication, Collaboration, and Process
- Work with customers — to understand business requirements, collaborating with key stakeholders to manage the scope of the request, and discuss, present, and get the approval of modifications as required.
- Liaise with the company’s project and delivery teams to help understand feature scope and complexity, and subsequently drive priorities for those features.
- Communicate requirements and technical design with the company’s product and R&D teams to assist in determining whether features should be contained within the core product or developed as customer-specific deliveries.
- Capable of clear and complete technical documentation of requirements and design, targeted at both the customer and internal teams (including development, QA, and integration).
- Present technical approach and designs to the customer, technical teams, and company leadership.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Working in a team of other Solution Architects, across 3 different regions, ensuring consistency of approach and design for the company’s solutions.
- Persuade, and be persuaded by, other SAs in promoting solutions as the most effective way of meeting business needs.