- Communicate with SMEs to obtain in-depth project understanding and collect the required information. You’ll be cooperating with developers, PMs, QA guys, instructional designers, trainers, tech writers, copywriters, and more.
- Analyze, structure, document, and visualize vast amounts of data.
- Create and update different types of technical documentation (in English mostly). That includes developer, admin, and user guides, API references, conceptual and news articles, etc.
- Support and enhance our client’s developer portal. You’ll be creating concise and user-friendly content, developing graphics, releasing the portal, and adding more features to it.
- Sometimes, proofread and edit internally created content.
- Develop and support glossaries, content style guides, and project documentation.
- Rarely (as we have a dedicated team for that) help with writing and editing release notes.
- Proven working experience in technical writing.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation.
- Experience in screenshot processing and creating simple graphics.
- Knowledge of industry-common style guides and references.
- Good interviewing skills.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and structure significant amounts of information.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate even chaotic input into well-structured docs.
- Experience in describing APIs, writing developer guides, and supporting developer portals.
- Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Basic to advanced skills with Adobe tools: Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, or Illustrator.
- Command of any lightweight markup language and static site generator.
Experience and qualification:
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.